Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Homemade Noodles

This is as random as it gets. But I've got to shout about these noodles. Two sundays ago, I went back to jurong west for service and everytime I go back there, I have craving for one thing: Dry Homemade Noodles at Best Coffee Pte Ltd. Located at the intersection of Jurong West St 91 & St 92, this coffee shop brings back memories from days when Jurong West was the weekly hangout place before and after service and also SOT days. We use to da bao this as early as 8am in the morning, slurp it down with satisfaction before the SOT clap sounded.

This dry homemade ban mian never fails to put a smile on my face. I can't recall who introduced me to this but once I ate it, I was hooked. The owner of the stall would cook this the regular way, in a broth with the noodles, pork, vegetables and egg. Once it's done, he drains away the soup and serves it with a homemade secret recipe sauce, which is the highlight of the dish. The luscious rich dark soy based sauce accompanied with sambal chilli perfectly balances with the lightly seasoned handmade noodles. The noodles are cooked to my liking, firm but without the floury taste.


When it first comes. Littered with generous amounts of ba chor, shredded mushroon, fried ikan billis and a poached egg.

Look at that gorgeous colour.

The ba chor is well seasoned, tasty and peppery.

Try it.

No comments: