Monday, January 5, 2009

Turning 25

Allow me to shout about something. It's probably one of the few things that I keep talking about even days after I received it. I'm blown away by the creativity and the heart and effort that went into it.

Presenting to you:
My very own MENU

They sure know what makes my heart tick :P

Menu drawn up just for me on my birthday :)

Check this out! Everyone is represented by a dish and its descriptions are actually their birthday wishes for me! How creative is that?!

Haha... the plan was that I could call up anyone on the menu and request for a delivery (of their dish) on my birthday!

This is done by a group of beautiful people, and they're none other than my cg, S35!

Never underestimate these young chaps. They're meant for great things :)

On the 26th of December, I had one of the most memorable dining experiences of the year - at Forlino, a place that I've been wanting to visit for a long time. Getting to Forlino was like finding my way through a maze. It could get a little intimidating if you're going there for the first time, but I must say that walk through the maze got my heart a little more expectant and excited.

What greeted me at the reception was a group of friendly staff who promptly brought me to my seat. The restaurant has a seating capacity of about 20 tables with 2 private rooms if you have a big group. After showing me to my seat, another intricately designed stool was promptly placed beside me for my bag. I was impressed.

As I was the last one seated, our waiter handed me the menu and formally introduced the specials of the night. He was quite a humourous guy and made ordering a pleasant experience.

An intricately hanging lamp shade hung over every table and created a warm soothing ambience, perfect for a night of romance. And did I mention the spectacular view of the Marina Bay??

Insalata "21"
Green Salad "21" $21

It is a salad of 21 different greens, refreshing and perfect as an appetising starter.

Capesante Gratinate alle Erbe e Salsa all'Arneis
Scallops on the Shell with "Arneis" Wine $32

Piatto di Salumi e Formaggi dalla Nostra Cantina
Home Cured Meat & Cheese Platter $26

Batsua' di Piedino con Costine e Salamino di Maiale
Pork Ribs with Grilled Sausage and Deep Fried Trotter $42

Fritto Misto di Pesce e Verdure
Deep-fried Selection of Baby Fish & Seafood with Vegetable Matchsticks $45

Ravioli de Aragosta, Capesante e Gamberi al Sugo di Finferli
Lobster, Scallop & Prawn Ravioli with Chanterelle Mushrooms $42

I adore this dish. Ravioli is of the right thickness and cooked to perfection. I've done my own raviolis before and it came out either broken or wrinkly. The texture was firm, slightly bouncy but not floury at all.

Costolette di Agnello "Scottadito" alla Moda di Mia Mamma
"Mamma Forlino" Lamp Chops $45

These chops are so tender, my knife literally just slid through the meat effortlessly. The first time I didn't have to saw my chops.

And a pleasant surprise! A dark chocolate birthday cake on the house.

It was then re-plated for the five of us.
It's all about presentation isn't it?

Not only was food fabulous and beautiful, the place was elegant and chic. But above all, service was impeccable. Simply flawless and I couldn't ask for more.

No comments: