Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm back.

I'm back. And I know it ain't exactly the most appropriate first dish to rave about since my diasppearance, but I think it's been given far too little credit than it should receive. And it's none other than a dish we commonly fight over in my house - yes, pig's stomach soup.

It's one which usually gathers people on both extreme ends - you either love it or hate it. My mum makes the best soup and my entire clan can vouch for that. It's intensely peppery from the generous amounts of black peppercorns and soothingly aromatic from the hours it spends over the fire. Not only is the soup deliciously tasty, the pig's stomach is tender and has an irresistable crunch to it. My mum never fails to tell me how many packets of salt she'll use to scrub and massage the intestine, so much so that the "scrub" is sufficient to flavour the intestine without seasoning it further. This is a dish I've yet to master, but I will!

A true delicacy.

My first pasta dish after discovering the wonders of melting anchovies in hot olive oil. Heat up your pan with olive oil, throw in a few fillet of anchovies till it's melted, add in chopped garlic and chilli, return your al dente pasta to the pan and toss. Top it with oven roasted chicken breast and a poached egg. Yums.
Just barely a week ago, a good friend of mine wanted to surprise her cell group with cupcakes and requested that I created something for her. I was really honored and greatly appreciative as she left the deisgn of the cupcakes entirely to me, believing that I will not fail her. With such a supportive friend, I kicked into full gear and made her these sheeps.... :)
7 hours of moulding in an air conditioned room, I was greeted with 30 smiling sheeps...



Having always been interested in cookies, I signed up with The Patiessier for their cucpakes and cookies class. And my amateur creations...

The man and his rib.



Just a word of advice to all who are looking for classes to sign up, be it cooking or baking, if the lesson outline is not given, call up the company and ask if it's suitable for you. Questions like, if I have no prior baking/cooking knowledge, it is still suitable for me? etc.

A valentine's gift.

3 comments:

tania said...

wah. if u compare the cupcakes before this post and the previous post, it's a world of difference!

catch up soon lar, u so busy!

Xin said...

Hey Tania!

oh man, i didn't think you were still reading this 'not very updated' blog! haha, yeah, have been busy with these little creatures. Maybe we could meet up for lunch someday? If you're not eating in..... haha

Sharon Chew's blog said...

You're amazing with the cupcakes.